"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." Elizabeth Stone

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This is it. My first ever blog. I guess I'm doing this to try and capture the everyday moments of our life, the ones that don't make it in the baby book. So that one day I can show this to my little girl when she asks how life was "back when". I'm getting a bit of a late start considering Her Highness is already 10 months old, but better late than never.

So for you, one day when you're older, my little princess is the story of how you came to be. Well the edited version. I met your daddy in 2006. We worked together at a little restaurant that has long since closed. I knew there was something special about him right away. He proposed on my birthday in 2007 after spending most of the night before in the hospital with kidney stones and almost wasn't able to pick up the ring. We were married in July of 2008, and three short months later you showed up as two little pink lines on at least 5 different tests.

You were my little princess, always wanting your way even before you were born, kicking me all night because you slept all day and trying your hardest to rearrange my ribs to your liking. When it was nearly time to come out you had to have your way in that too. Upside down just didn't work for you. You wouldn't turn around, no matter what we tried. So your grand entrance was planned and on May 27, 2009 you entered this world. It was the most magical day of my life. You were so beautiful.

The months since have flown past. You were so tiny, I was afraid to even put you down. You went everywhere with me. It was almost like you were a part of me and when you werent with me it felt like that part was missing. It took six month's for me to even let you sleep in your own room, we had a lot of sleepless nights. You began to grow and become more independant. You're almost walking now! I love watching you play and learn. You are so bright and it makes me proud, but it also makes me sad and wish for the day's when your favorite thing was to cuddle with me on the couch. When I was your whole world. Your daddy is helping me get through it though. Reminding me this is a good thing, that your comfort in being away from me is because you feel confident that I will always be there, and I will my little angel. I love you with every fiber of my being and want nothing but for you to be happy. Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment