"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ten Things



Today is my first Mother's Day and it has been wonderful. I got to sleep in, woke up to my two favorite people in the whole wide world and was surprised with beautiful lillies and a card that made me cry. I got lots of sweet texts from my wonderful friends and family. I also got pancakes, YUM! The hubs pampered me all day and I got extra kisses from the princess. We did a litte dvr clearing and lots of cuddling. I even got Princess down for bed with no meltdowns on either side.
So in honor of this special day I thought I would share my 10 favorite things about Princess, because without her I wouldnt be a mom. I could go on for days but I'll settle for 10.

10. The way you snore when you sleep on your back like daddy.
9. Your love of playing Peek-a-boo; whenever, wherever.
8. How you clap for yourself when you do something you're proud of or when we praise you.
7. How sometimes it's just snuggle time. You put your head on my shoulder, sigh softly and just exist with me for a minute or so.
6. Your independence and intellegence.
5. How you get so tickled when you get to share your snack with me or daddy. You hold up your graham cracker and when we take a bite you just laugh.
4. The way you talk, you're so expressive. You talk with your hands like I do.
3. You blow kisses when we say we love you.
2. How when I rock you to sleep right before you nod off you lift your head and give me the sweetest kiss.
1. How even on the really bad days you can make me smile.

I love you baby girl and I pray everyday that I can be worthy of your love and make you proud to call me Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment