"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." Elizabeth Stone

Friday, April 23, 2010

My wish for you

It's 1 am, I'm curled up on the couch with my snuggie, the only sound I hear is the gentle whirring of the ceiling fan and through the open windows I can smell rain and damp earth. It's a peaceful night, but I can't seem to sleep.
I've checked on you three times now, you're sound asleep in your crib ( on your belly with your knees drawn up and your bottom in the air), snoring your soft little baby snores. I wonder what you're dreaming? As long I can't sleep I thought I'd share some of my dreams for you...
I wish that you never know pain or loss. I wish that the ugliness of this world never touches your life and that you get all that you desire. However, since that is impossible...
I wish that you always know Mommy and Daddy love you and you are everything we could ever hope for. That I will be here when you fall down, for your skinned knees and tummy aches. I'll be there if you don't make the team, when you have a fight with your best friend, and your break-ups. I wish that you see that for every bit of cruelty and hatred and ugliness this world has to offer, there is kindess and love and beauty. Sometimes you just have to look a little harder for it. And I wish you remember that for everything you want and don't get there is usually something better waiting just around the corner.
I wish for you to treat others the way you want to be treated and always try to be kind ( even though it's really hard sometimes).

I love you princess, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment